Monday, December 26, 2011

Saddlebred Capital of the World

Today, another beautiful day in Kentucky, so we drove south about 20 miles to Shelbyville.
The Saddlebred Capital of the World.


I find it amazing what we find in the center of these small cities.  
Here - a photo of the grandstand for the County Fair.  Across the street from it is ....


 This statue and plaque.  A letterbox was supposed to be located between the two but I couldn't find it.


 After visiting the county fair we located the Elementary School to search for another box.  After reading and rereading the clues, I finally figured out it was THIS many trunked tree I needed to find.



A gallon sized letterbox sack just waiting for me to put a hitch hiker in it. 


 Painted Stone Elementary School.  no comment!!! you just have to know me. 

Our next stop was Lake Shelby Campground - very nice but nothing like I've seen in NY. 
the letterbox Forest Perfumers aka Eau de Forest


Just my kind of house. 



 and my love of outhouse continues.  
This one is part of the clue. 


 The Riparian thought he would find Chickens in here for sure. 



And now we are off - down Squire Boone Trail looking for - the Forest Perfumers. 


And here is one not so happy boxer - WHY? because the last box we looked for was a
drive by and he wanted to get out with me.  Sorry Riparian, next time.  It would have
taken me longer to locate the shoes and socks that it did to grab the box, stamp in and replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment